Why should I consider in-house publishing?
Chambers consider in-house publishing because they want:
- More non-dues revenue.
- More personal contact with the membership.
- Control over their brand.
- Control over the money.
Some motivators we have heard include:
- Dues revenues are down.
- Sponsorships are down.
- City funding is reduced or eliminated altogether.
- Outside publisher royalties/revenue shares are too low.
- Outside publisher royalties are late.
- We need to give our member sales team more ways to earn money.
- The board wants us to look into it.
- We need to rebuild reserves.