Why should I consider in-house publishing?
Chambers consider in-house publishing because they want:
1. Better brand consistency.
2. Control of external communications.
3. Greater flexibility with content and number of pages.
4. Better monitoring of member investment in the chamber.
5. Participation of local vendors.
6. Complete financial control.
7. More money.
Some motivators we have heard include:
1. Outside publisher royalties/revenue shares are too low.
2. Outside publisher royalties are late.
3. Outside publisher has too much control.
4. The board wants us to generate more non-dues revenue.
5. We need to rebuild reserves.